Cinderella Project Of St. Louis | Community Spirit
There's a young women somewhere dreaming of being a princess at an upcoming prom. Some area teens don’t have the means to purchase a new dress for prom. Hope is on the way! The Cinderella Project and the Community Council of St. Louis are making dreams come true.“ I really deserve to go to the prom,that's the one day that during high school a young girl can be a princess," said one high school senior.
During prom season the Cinderella Project provides dresses to 150 girls from the metro area who received a free gown, custom alterations and gifts of hairdos and makeovers for the day of their prom.
With the wave of a wand, the Cinderella project and the Community Council of St. Louis has collected hundreds of new and gently worn dresses . The gowns are available at a temporary Cinderella Boutique at Mid Rivers Mall. The organization touches teens and restores their dreams.
After those in need receive their dresses , the store is open to the public and any girl can shop for a dress for only $29.00. The Cinderella Boutique will be open to the public for the next two weekends .Fridays 4-8 pm, Saturdays 10-6 and Sundays noon-5. The store will close at the end of business on March 25, 2012.
Top St. Charles Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local Martial Arts Fighter Choreographs Nationwide Commercial
- ROSE Award Presentations Generate Surprises, Smiles at Rockwood
- Two-Foot Tall Marijuana Plant Grew in Arnold Man's Bathroom, Police Say
- Horse Thief Nabs Two Animals in Dittmer
- South County Police Officers Being Honored by Mental Health America
- View Artwork, Buy Books and Give Blood at Hazelwood's 10th Annual Community Art Fair
- White Birch Aquatic Center Opens This Week
- Fitch Upgrades St. Louis' Lambert Bonds, Improves Financial Rating
- Mother Stomped On 14-Year-Old Daughter; Blood Found In Girl's Urine
- Police Find Man with Stolen Credit Cards and a Wad of Cash