Ron Paul Supporters Hope To Dominate Missouri Delegation | News
ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI)– Missourians struggling to find an answer to the question: “Who will I back for president?” Not everyone is ready to endorse the frontrunner Governor Mitt Romney.
In fact, Missouri may well show up as a rogue state endorsing Texas Congressman Ron Paul.
Ron Paul supporters describe the congressman as a man who is very principled and consistent. Paul carried St. Charles County GOP delegates four years ago.
He also forced a second caucus last night after participants refused to go along in March with changes to the caucus structure.
Republican leaders from the state party had little choice but to go along with a new caucus meeting and be sure everyone had their say.
They admit, the Ron Paul supporters may dominate the congressional district meetings and seize all of Missouri’s delegates for Ron Paul.
Actual delegates to the GOP convention in Tampa this summer will be chosen April 21st and during the state convention in June.
Top St. Charles Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Local Martial Arts Fighter Choreographs Nationwide Commercial
- ROSE Award Presentations Generate Surprises, Smiles at Rockwood
- Two-Foot Tall Marijuana Plant Grew in Arnold Man's Bathroom, Police Say
- Horse Thief Nabs Two Animals in Dittmer
- South County Police Officers Being Honored by Mental Health America
- View Artwork, Buy Books and Give Blood at Hazelwood's 10th Annual Community Art Fair
- White Birch Aquatic Center Opens This Week
- Fitch Upgrades St. Louis' Lambert Bonds, Improves Financial Rating
- Mother Stomped On 14-Year-Old Daughter; Blood Found In Girl's Urine
- Police Find Man with Stolen Credit Cards and a Wad of Cash